LLTI Archives

November 2010, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2010 17:14:42 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from Tina Oestreich <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Tina Oestreich <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 15:24:40 -0500
>Subject: captions and subtitles
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

Hello all,

I have been playing around with a free online program called
Videocritter for creating subtitles for Youtube videos. It is very
easy to use and is working well, but once you type in the subtitles,
it doesn't seem possible to move them.

Can you all tell me what you're using for subtitling - for Youtube or
just for general mpg files. The goal is to come up with something very
easy to use. Someone told me that the VLC player has a subtitling
feature, but I have not been able to find it.

Thank you,
Tina

--
Tina Deveny Oestreich, Ph.D.