CABIN-TRAIL Archives

November 2010, Week 3

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2010 22:45:16 -0500
Welcome to CnT!

To Sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number or
saying you'd like to pay in cash.  If the trip is free, just blitz the leader to
reserve a spot.

If you're interested in becoming a DOC Member, please see Julie Bell in Robo.
You'll get discounted trips and lots of other perks.

<3 CnT

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

What: FEED
Where: the Rock
When: 6:30 to eat, 5:15 to cook
Blitz Emma Smithayer if you want to help cook!

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY

THURSDAY DINERTOURE!

The Farmer's Diner, Quechee, VT.  Leave at 7 AM, blitz Dinerz for Details.

The Farmer's Diner is the Taylor Swift song in my Dinertoure mixtape.
 Everyone's excited when it comes on--the ladies think this diner
understands their private sorrows and will warm them up with that big ol'
mug of hot chocolate, and the men see this diner taking care of their kids
while they go off to play with their golden lab 15 years down the line
(because after the two years in ibanking, you're totally leaving the city to
start a hedge fund in Etna.  Best of both worlds!)

The Farmer's Diner is good but Beyonce really should've won Best Album.  The
food is faux-ganic (feels organic, who knows though?), the interior design
is cute (On the Fearless liner notes, Swift asks "how many fights could be
resolved if they would just stand outside your window throwing pebbles,
screaming "I'm in love with you!".  That sounds like a great solution for
breaking windows), and you're going to have a great time at the meal, but
when you get back home Thursday morning, you're still not sure what "a rebel
of a careless man's careful daughter is", and you can't explain why "Dear
John" is almost 7 minutes long.  Have you ever read a Jennifer Aniston
interview, Taylor?  You should've known what John Mayer was capable of!

On that note (music pun!), come to the Farmer's Diner in Quechee, VT
Thursday Morning at 7 AM.  The ride is free, bring small bills.  Sparks
fly.
Blitz Dennis Zeveloff with questions

Event: A Harry Potter Heeler Overnight! (Plus Premiere of Harry Potter 7 @
midnight!)
Day/time: Leave campus Thursday at ~6 PM, get back Friday in time for 9Ls
(flexible)
Cost: $1 b/c it's a heeler overnight; (+ $9 for Harry Potter 7 ticket- bring $
with you to the theater!)
Description / Difficulty level: Enjoy a Harry Potter-related food feast (pumpkin
juice anyone?) at Hinman Cabin, as we read favorite parts of Harry Potter books
together/recreate Bellatrix Black's death scene/watch all movies leading up to
the 7th one/test our knowledge of Harry Potter trivia/play Quidditch/etc etc in
the lead up to attending the premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at
12:05 am at Lebanon Entertainment Cinemas. Then back to the cabin for a quick
night's sleep, breakfast, and back to class...you'll wish you had a Time-Turner
so you could do it all over again!
**Harry Potter-related flair, cats, rats, broomsticks welcome. Firewhiskey and
Horcruxes are not.**
Blitz: Marielle Battistoni to sign up!

Event: Tommy's Freakin' Awesome Heeler Overnight!
Day: Thursday
Time: We'll leave Thursday afternoon depending on everyone's schedule
(sometime after 2A's) and get back Friday before 9L's
Cost: 1 Dolla
people! We'll sing songs, play music, eat delicious food, play cards,
maybe try to hike moosilauke if we're feeling bold, and just have an
overall great time. Its a pretty awesome opportunity to get some
quality outdoorsy time in before Thanksgiving and the impending cold!
Blitz Tommy Das with your DA$H to sign up!

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

What: A Pre-Turkey Day, Turkey Themed Heeler Overnight
When: Saturday 6PM-Sunday 2PM
Where: Hinman Cabin and then Smarts Mountain
Cost: $1
What: Pre-game your Thanksgiving with  some good ole' Dartmouth bonding (games
and stories by a fire) and a delish pre-turkey day, turkey feast! Including
desert
turkeys and turkey placemats!  We will spend the night at Hinman Cabin and then
wake up ealy-ish the next morning to climb Smarts Mt. (~4 miles each way) before
returning to campus.
Blitz: julia13 to sign up!

Hike Mt. Abraham
day: saturday
time: leaving from Robo at 8:30, back by 7
cost: $4 DOC member, $5 non-members
Dartmouth world, the Green Mountains. There we will take a senic drive through
the Vermont countryside and climb one of its tallest mountains, Mount Abraham.
The top of the mountain breaks timberline so we can expect excellent views to
the whites and the adirondacks. Also, the weather holds the potential for snow,
so get pumped for winter! We will have a delicious lunch at the top, continue
north along the ridge to the next mountain if we feel up to it, and then head
back for the van for the ride home. The hike is pretty easy (a bit over 5 miles,
~2000 ft of elevation gain) so this trip is pretty welcoming. We can rent
gaiters or other gear you might want from DOR for free.
Blitz: Wales Carter with your Da$h number to sign up or with questions

Event: Hanover Expedition
Day: Saturday, 10 am - 3 pm
Cost: $6
Description / difficulty level: come explore the lovely woods a hop, skip and a
jump from campus! We will start off with a delicious pancake breakfast saturday
morning. Then, we will head out to Hanover's very own Mink Brook and Boston Lot
for a moderate 7 mile hike.  There should be some nice views along the way!
Blitz: Andi Liebowitz to sign up or for more info

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

What: Maddie's Heeler Overnight
Where: Hinman!
When: Sunday Nov. 21st, leave round 5ish, back monday morning before 9Ls
Cost: $1
It's gonna be super fun! We'll go up, cook a really wonderful dinner, play
games,
music, and generally bond. blitz mless to sign up!