CABIN-TRAIL Archives

November 2010, Week 2

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:58:02 -0500
Welcome to CnT!

To Sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number or
saying you'd like to pay in cash.  If the trip is free, just blitz the leader to
reserve a spot.

If you're interested in becoming a DOC Member, please see Julie Bell in Robo.
You'll get discounted trips and lots of other perks.

<3 CnT

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

What: FEED!
When: 6:30 at the rock, come at 5:30 if you want to help cook!
Cost: $4
Menu will be salad with goat cheese and cherries, brown sugar acorn squash, rice
pilaf with toasted almonds, chocolate pudding cake

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY

Dinertoure presents: The Windsor Diner!
Thursday, November 11th, 7 AM Departure behind Robinson Hall.

The Windsor Diner is the Rauner Library of diners---the book shelves contain
original edition Melvilles, JD Salinger's hidden works, and the Tintin
comics that were only published in Canada where the dog gets eaten.
 Additionally, the restaurant is in a diner car, so if America's
Presidential Libraries ever run out of books, the Windsor Diner can be
mobilized to save the day!  Most importantly, the place has amazing
pancakes.  So put down your study guides, bring the reading glasses section
of your bifocals, and get that appetite ready to go!  Dinertime is all the
time.

Except just at 7 AM if you want a free ride.
Blitz Dennis Zeveloff with questions

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

Event: Hin(be a)man Hangout
Day/time: Saturday at 6ish PM to Sunday at 10ish AM
Cost: $1, cuz it's a heeler overnight!
Description / Difficulty level: Come hang out in a cabin! We thought about
hiking,
and then we decided we'd rather just hang out with you! We'll drive over to
Hinman,
a delightful little cabin not too far from here, get toasty warm by the fire,
cook some good food, and do whatever you want, which may or may not include
singing
Mulan songs at the top of our lungs. After a good night's sleep, we'll eat
something
tasty for breakfast and head back to campus. Departure and return times are
potentially
negotiable.
Blitz: Rosemary Shay to sign up!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Finish the Jacob's Brook Bridge!
Leaving at 9:30 am behind robo, back around 3
Cost: Free, cause it's trailwork!
handrails and do the finishing touches.
Blitz: Molly Grear to sign up or with questions.

THE FUTURE THE FUTURE THE FUTURE

Billings Thanksgiving Trip!
When: Tues, Nov.23th-Sun, Nov.28th
(leave around 5pm on Tuesday, back by noon on Sunday)
Cost: 30 DOC/35 non-DOC
Blitz: BJZ
Don't want to fly halfway across the world for thanksgiving dinner?  Parents
don't want you home anyways?  Well then spend the week of Thanksgiving at
Billings lodge (heated + electricity!), located on the north side of the
Presidential range in the White Mountains.  We'll
go hiking, mountaineering, and maybe a bit of ice climbing or XC skiing if
conditions allow.  Feel free to just come and chill at the cabin to read and
get schoolwork done too!  Each day will be a pick-your-own adventure kind of
deal.  There is sure to be good food, good music and good times.  We'll have
a wonderful multi-course thanksgiving dinner.