CABIN-TRAIL Archives

November 2010, Week 1

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2010 11:27:45 -0400
Welcome to CnT!

To Sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number or
saying you'd like to pay in cash.  If the trip is free, just blitz the leader to
reserve a spot.

If you're interested in becoming a DOC Member, please see Julie Bell in Robo.
You'll get discounted trips and lots of other perks.

<3 CnT

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

FEED
where: at the rock (http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml)
when: 6:00 to help cook, 7:00 to help eat
cost: $4 dash or cash
what: the feed is CnT's weekly social gathering at the rock, centered on a
delicious home-cooked meal. This week the main dish is made-from-scratch pizza
and a scrumptous fall-themed dessert to be determined. come hang out, have a
good meal, and enjoy good company!
blitz: wales with questions, concerns, or random musings

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY

This Thursday: Dinertoure to Stellas at 7 AM!

Recently Dinertoure has been accused of cheating on "The Vertical Challenge"
and encouraging a male dominated social space.  Although we cannot refute
the first charge, this is our reply to the second:

To all the fine bellas,
Please come to Stellas,
Hang out with some fellas,
and maybe you'll tell us
how to make y'all jealous.

Dinertoure: Empowering Diners with Female Names since 1920.

Please meet behind the back of Robinson Hall.  The ride is free, bring small
bills.

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

Snow, Stories, and Sunrise: The Heeler Overnight
Day: Friday-Saturday
Time: Leaving4:45pm friday, back by 11:30am on saturday
          (return time negotiable)
Cost: $1- it's a heeler overnight
Description/Difficulty: We will go to Great Bear cabin and once there, we will
be able to sit cozy inside and watch the sun set and the snow fall. We will have
a delicious meal, tell stories, hang out, and have a great time in the cabin as
the sky darkens and night arrives. The next day, we will wake up well before the
crack of dawn and hike 3.6 miles to the snowy summit of Mount Moosilauke. From
there, we will head back down to the cabin, and head out later that morning.
There also exists the possibility of dropping people off at the Lodge for
closing weekend, going sleighing, and playing the snow.
Blitz: Jeremy Brouillet to sign up or ask questions.

**Will's Heeler Overnight**
Where: John Rand Cabin on Mt. Moosilauke
When: Friday-Saturday, Nov. 5-6
Cost: $1 because it's a heeler overnight!
Blitz: Will Bishop

We'll leave campus around 3:30 PM on Friday, but the time is negotiable.  Up at
John Rand cabin, we will:
- Eat a delicious dinner
- Enjoy the newly fallen snow on Mt. Moosilauke
- Play games: bring whatever you like!
- Tell stories, including Doc Benton!
- Keep cozy with a warm cabin fire
On Saturday, we'll decide what to do as a group.  Choices include: sunrike
Moosilauke / help with Lodge closing weekend / potentially sled if there's
enough snow!  Return time to campus is negotiable.

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

LODGE CLOSING WEEKEND
Time: about 8am on Saturday, Back by 9 saturday night
Details: The lodge is closing down for the winter, so we'll help by winterizing
the lodge and preparing everything for the cold months.  It will end in a
wonderful thanksgiving-esque dinner.
Blitz: Cabin and Trail to sign up, Cost is free.