LLTI Archives

October 2010, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2010 20:29:27 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Cobb-Zygadlo, Deanne" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Cobb-Zygadlo, Deanne" <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 08:14:25 -0400
>Subject: Re: #9510 Voice recording software
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information    Forum	<[log in to unmask]>

Good morning,
We use Audacity with the LAME .mp3 converter for audio that we wish to
have the ability to edit.
Audacity:  http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
LAME:  http://lame.sourceforge.net/

For student assignments where we don't want them to be able to edit,
we use the Audio Dropbox tool from the Center for Language Education
and Research at Michigan State.  (We also use Wimba Voice Tools but
this is a paid product.)
CLEAR's Rich Internet Applications:  http://clear.msu.edu/teaching/online/ria/

Regards,
Deanne