LLTI Archives

October 2010, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2010 16:46:08 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from 15.5 ---

From: Douglas Canfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 15:55:56 -0400
Subject: For those who could use a chuckle...
To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]>

May I share a comic moment (perhaps only to me) with those who care to
continue?

This site came across my path today in the SLED forum:
http://www.earwormsmobile.com....

Instantly, I thought of Ed Dente and another type of creature altogether.
Didn't you?

That image stuck with me as I perused this site.

Even if you have no idea what I'm talking about, I think you'll find the
site amusing for different reasons, I'm sure.

But, for those of you who are on the inside of this joke, imagine the
shudders I had when thinking of the "Dentesque" creature while reading lines
like " transports them deep into your long-term memory" and "indelibly
burned into your auditory cortex"!

Oh, I'll have something "ringing in my ears" for a while now, sure enough.
But it won't be "the correct accent"!

Where's that darn cowbell when I need it?

  doug
Douglas W. Canfield
Coordinator III, Language Resource Center
Dept. of Modern Foreign Languages & Literatures
University of Tennessee
Co-Editor in Chief, The IALLT Journal
http://web.utk.edu/~dcanfie1/
Skype: dougcanfield