LLTI Archives

October 2010, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 2010 21:10:08 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 14:53:19 -0500
>Subject: Re: #9502 NASILP
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

We've worked with NASILP for a long time and some of our faculty have been on
its Board.  Everything I know about it makes it appear to be a high quality organization.
  One of my former students was on the Board very recently.  Our director of our
Critical Languages Program goes to their conference every year.  Using the NASILP
model (originally developed at Temple Univ., I think) we teach Arabic, Chinese,
Japanese, Thai, Russian, Hindi, Portuguese, Italian, and Swahili for all of the
colleges and Universities in the greater Birmingham, AL community.

I'm happy to answer more questions about how we implement this model, Sarah, or
can put you in touch with our CLP Director, Prof. Heather West.

Very best to all, Mike.

President of the International Association for Language Learning Technology

Professor of French and Linguistics
Chair of World Languages and Cultures
Samford University