CABIN-TRAIL Archives

October 2010, Week 2

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 2010 10:18:09 -0400
Welcome to CnT!

To Sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number or
saying you'd like to pay in cash.  If the trip is free, just blitz the leader to
reserve a spot.

If you're interested in becoming a DOC Member, please see Julie Bell in Robo.
You'll get discounted trips and lots of other perks.

<3 CnT

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

Event: Taco Feed
Day: Wednesday
Time: 6:30
Cost: $4, or free if you help cook
at 6:30 for a delicious meal consisting of many creative taco creations!
Choco-tacos, spaghetti tacos, and Macatacahodo 360s will be among the courses -
and for desert, we'll have Paige's World Famous Fall Cookies!
Blitz: Eric Ross if you want to help cook

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY

Event: DinerToure - Dishin' it Out in Canaan, N.H.
Day: Thursday, Oct. 14
Time: 6:50 AM, back by 9Ss
Cost: Free ride, bring cash for food!
Description / Difficulty level: Depends whether you can handle delicious
breakfasts and good company.
Blitz: Will Bishop

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

Event: Sunrike to Balch Hill!!
Day: FRIDAY!!
Time: meet at 6:20 am from behind Robo, back by ~7:45 am
Cost: $1 DOC members, $3 non-DOC (breakfast!)
just 1.5 miles walking distance from the Green! A refreshing way to start your
morning, and your weekend...come enjoy the fall colors before they're gone! With
baked goods from the Co-op provided!
Blitz Marielle Battistoni to sign up!

Event: Woodsmen's Team practice
Day: Friday
Time: 3-6pm
Cost: FREE
throwing and... you'll have to go to find out). No experience necessary, just
enthusiam. Bring water and wear clothes that can get dirty and sturdy shoes.
Rides
will leave from behind Robo.
Blitz: no need to sign up, just show up behind Robo on Friday and you're all
set.

Stoddard Cabin Work Trip and Grant Adventure
Day: Friday-Saturday
Time: Leaving7:00pm friday, back by 10pm on saturday
          (times negotiable)
Cost: $1- it's a heeler overnight
Description/Difficulty: On friday we'll drive up to the second college grant,
Dartmouth's private wilderness, and spend the night at stoddard cabin, one of
the coolest run by the DOC. On saturday, we'll split our time between working to
replace several windows in stoddard and enjoying fall in the grant on mountain
bikes. finally, we will leave after dark and get back to campus around 10 on
saturday night. if people need bikes or other gear, we can rent them from DOR.
Plus, this is a chance to meet Larry Hathorne, one of the coolest people ever to
work for Dartmouth and learn some cabin maintenance/ building skills.
Blitz: Wales Carter to sign up or ask questions

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

Event: Lodge Dinner
Day: Saturday
Time: 5-10ish
Cost: Ride is free, $8 cash/dash for dinner
Description / Difficulty level:  Strenous Eating - we'll enjoy a wonderful home
cooked meal at the Moosilauke Ravine lodge while relaxing and enjoying good
company.
Blitz:  Jen McDonald for more information or to sign up

Event: Mt. Moosilauke Trailwork Pt. 3: Bridge-Building!
Day: Saturday 10/16/10
Time: Leaving 10:30 am, returning around 9pm.
Cost: FREE (b/c we're doing trailwork)
Description/Difficulty level: Build a beautiful bridge by a babbling brook! We
will finish the log bridge that's been worked on by two previous trail crews and
also may work on
another smaller bridge nearby.  Lots of sawing, axing, hammering, etc. After
we're done working on the bridge we will return to the Lodge for a glorious
delicious free dinner before returning to campus. No experience whatsoever
required, come enjoy the fall weather and give back to one of Moosilauke's
beautiful hiking trails. Blitz Jeremy Brouillet to sign up or for more info.

THE FUTURE THE FUTURE THE FUTURE

Billings Thanksgiving Trip!
When: Tues, Nov.23th-Sun, Nov.28th
(leave around 5pm on Tuesday, back by noon on Sunday)
Cost: TBD ($50?)
Blitz: Matt Dahlhausen
Don't want to fly halfway across the world for thanksgiving dinner?  Parents
don't want you home anyways?  We'll then spend the week of Thanksgiving with
other friendly outcasts at billings lodge (heated + electricity!), located
on the north side of the Presidential range in the White Mountains.  We'll
go hiking, mountaineering, and maybe a bit of ice climbing or XC skiing if
conditions allow.  Feel free to just come and chill at the cabin to read and
get schoolwork done too!  Each day will be a pick-your-own adventure kind of
deal.  There is sure to be good food, good music and good times.  We'll have
a wonderful multi-course thanksgiving dinner.