LLTI Archives

September 2010, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2010 08:39:32 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 12:00:16 -0500
>Subject: Spanish position @ Univ. of Tennessee Martin
>From: Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>

Please note that I am not the contact person for this position, but I can
tell you UTM is a great place to in which to teach, and that you will like
your colleagues.

TBob

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / QUALIFICATIONS DESIRED:

SPANISH. Assistant Professor, full-time tenure-track position.

Responsibilities include teaching Spanish language, literature, and
civilization at all levels. Applicants should possess a native or
near-native command of the Spanish language and show a genuine commitment to
undergraduate teaching, study abroad, and program development. Ability to
teach first-year courses in a second language offered by the
department--French, German, Japanese, Portuguese--is highly desirable. French
preferred. Familiarity with proficiency-based instruction and
residence/study abroad in a Spanish-speaking country a plus. Applicants must
also have experience in teaching using technology. Salary competitive and
commensurate with qualifications. Qualifications: ABD in Spanish is required
with Ph.D. completed by August 1, 2011. To apply: Send letter of
application, statement of teaching philosophy, current vita, and full
dossier (including three letters of recommendation and copies of transcripts
of graduate work) to: Dr. Randal Garza, Spanish Search Committee, Department
of English and Modern Foreign Languages, 427B Humanities Bldg., University
of Tennessee at Martin, Martin, TN 38238. Review of applications will begin
on November 22, 2010 and will continue until position is filled. The
University of Tennessee at Martin (http://www.utm.edu
<https://xmail.utm.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.utm.edu> ) is a
primary campus of the University of Tennessee system. The campus is located
in Northwest Tennessee approximately 100 miles north of Memphis and 145
miles west of Nashville. The University of Tennessee at Martin has a
combined undergraduate and graduate enrollment of approximately 8,100
students. The University emphasizes excellence in teaching and seeks
candidates who share this commitment. UT-Martin is an EEO/AA Title VI/Title
IX Section 504/ADA/ADEA employer. The University seeks to diversify its
workforce. Therefore, all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color,
national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, or veteran status, are
strongly encouraged to apply.

Robert D. Peckham, Ph.D.
Professor of French
University of Tennessee at Martin
Chair, AATF Commission on Advocacy
Director, Globe-gate Intercultural Web Project