LLTI Archives

September 2010, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2010 22:33:24 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from 15.5 ---

>From: "Dartmouth College LISTSERV Server (15.5)" <[log in to unmask]>
>Date:         Mon, 20 Sep 2010 20:27:34 -0400
>Subject: LLTI: approval required (2D7712EE)
>To: [log in to unmask]

Judy,

Yes, we use Tell Me More Campus, the online version of Tell Me More.  I might
not go as far as bug free (sometimes the computers freeze, although I need to
check one troubleshooting item I recently learned about) but it is relatively
smooth sailing.

The instructor can customize learning paths (to use the Tell Me More lingo) for
individual students or entire classes of students.  Our students currently purchase
a 4-month license card; they pass that on to me and I create an account for them
and assign them the paths (or labs, as we call them) for the course they are taking.
They also have access to all of Tell Me More's content, should they be motivated
to do more.  Likewise, the instructors can check on student work anywhere where
they have Internet access after downloading a small piece of software.

Auralog seems to sell the licenses (cards, in our case) in large groups, which
is why we needed the students to purchase them through the bookstore, since our
department couldn't fund such a large purchase at once.

The greatest difficulty we've had is that many of our non-traditional-aged students
are not technologically savvy; they have a hard time knowing how to turn off pop-up
blockers and to download software (there is one small thing to install in order
to do the speech recognition activities.)

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Janet