LLTI Archives

September 2010, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2010 07:49:17 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Carol Reitan" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 22:03:23 -0700
>From: "Carol Reitan" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Moodle Guru

Hello All,

Our fabulous Moodle guru/Instructional Designer lost her job at CCSF through no
fault of her own. Our classified staff is subject to the arcane "bumping" rules
of the City and County of San Francisco Civil Service.

Mary Parke is just amazing. She set up our Moodle instance to run smoothly,
worked with our moodle hosters to streamline the automatic enrollment of
students and creation of course shells.  She knows Moodle inside and out and can
tell faculty the best way to accomplish what they want to do using what Moodle
can offer. She created an amazing knowledge base for faculty and student
support, her training sessions are appreciated by all and her one-on-one tech
support skills beyond compare. And, she's bilingual - she knows Blackboard, too!

Because she knows both the technology and the pedagogy really well, she is an
asset to any educational institution. We really miss her and what she can do.

If any of you need an Instructional Designer and/or someone who really knows
Moodle or Blackboard, contact me off list. I can put you in touch with her.

Apologies if this is a bit off topic.

Carol H. Reitan
Coordinator: Technology Learning Center
Instructor of French