LLTI Archives

August 2010, Week 4

From:
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 2010 10:12:17 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Claire Bartlett <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Fri, 20 Aug 2010 20:01:06 -0400
>From: Claire Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Rice University, Language Resource Center Manager Position
>To: [log in to unmask]

Rice University seeks applications for the position of Language Resource
Center Manager. To apply for this position, please visit our website at
https://jobs.rice.edu/

Job Description

The primary role of this position is to manage the day to day operation
of the Language Resource Center (LRC), a state of the art facility
providing technology for the learning of languages and cultures. The
manager is responsible for hiring, training, and overseeing a student
workforce of up to twenty student staff. This includes the training of
student staff in the use of foreign language software programs and
digitization of audio/video material.

Other responsibilities include some teaching of language specific
software programs to language classes together with other LRC staff,
and one-on-one instruction on the use of software and equipment to
faculty and students. The manager maintains LRC inventories of:
equipment, CDs and DVDs, and a comprehensive textbook library. With
the assistance of student staff, s/he ensures completion of LRC
requests by tracking, researching, processing, receiving and digitizing
faculty purchase orders and work requests. S/he also ensures LRC
compliance with license agreements, copyright guidelines, and doctrine
of fair use. The manager processes some of the financial operations of
the LRC including student payroll, and advises and assists the Director
in the development and implementation of the Center's policies and
procedures.

Claire Bartlett
Director, Language Resource Center                      Voice:  (713) 348-
6156
Assoc. Dir., Center for the Study of Languages          LRC:    (713) 348-
6157
120 Rayzor Hall, MS 37                                  fax:    (713) 348-6168
Rice University                                         [log in to unmask]
6100 Main Street
Houston, TX 77005-1892                          http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~lrc