MACSCRPT Archives

August 2010

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Tetsuro KURITA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 2010 00:43:28 +0900
ModuleLoader is a system for loading and managing AppleScript libraries(modules).

http://homepage.mac.com/tkurita/scriptfactory/en/XModules/index.html#ModuleLoader
AppleScript's "load script" command requires a full path to a library file, which can be difficult to manage and makes distribution, installation and use of AppleScript libraries problematic.

ModuleLoader introduces a modern module system for AppleScript. You can
load and manage modules with minimum efforts like other scripting language
(e.g. Perl, Ruby).

Some examples :

== A top level script

property Module1 : module
property loader : boot (module loader) for me

== A module which depends on other modules.

property Module2 : module

The "module" command in the property definition mark the property as a place
where a module is loaded into. "boot (module loader) for me" statement cause
actual loading modules and set the modules to the specified properties.

I believe ModuleLoader could be the best solution for a module loading system
of AppleScript. Please check details of ModuleLoader with the manual.

Changes in version 2.2.1 :

* Fixed an error of a local loader on Mac OS X 10.6 (Thanks to hiRaoka-san).
* Improved English manual (Thanks to Ed Stockly).

I welcome any comments, suggestions and questions, even if it's negative.

Tetsuro KURITA
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://homepage.mac.com/tkurita/scriptfactory/en/