CABIN-TRAIL Archives

July 2010, Week 3

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2010 17:41:06 -0400
The all-DOC Acadia trip is filling up fast! If you want to go, send in the attached
application ASAP!

Join the DOC for a weekend trip to Acadia National Park, Maine, on August 6th-8th
We'll be rock climbing, hiking, biking, relaxing on the beach, playing guitar
around a campfire, and much more.

TO SIGN UP or if you're interested in more info, blitz Charlie Governali with
the subject line ACADIA SIGN-UP and a copy of the attached application all filled
in.
Applications will not be accepted after Tuesday, July 27th.

Acadia National Park preserves much of Mt. Desert Island, located about two-thirds
of the way up the idyllic Maine coast. Acadia encompasses a number of small mountains
with beautiful views of the Maine coast, two seaside cliffs and one 400 ft. tall
inland crag for rock climbing, a large network of footpaths and carriage roads
great for hiking and biking, and a stunning rocky shoreline with pockets of sandy
beach.
Our trip will depart Hanover on Friday to make the six-hour drive to a spot near
Seawall Campground, perched on the southern coast of Mt. Desert Island, where
we'll tent both nights. Using the campground as a base, smaller groups will go
out during the day Saturday and Sunday to rock climb, hike, bike, relaxing on
the beach, etc. depending on interest. We will return to Hanover by Sunday evening.
Cost $20 for DOC members, $30 for non-members - this will cover all food, lodging,
travel, and park fees.

Hope to see you there!
-the DOC