CABIN-TRAIL Archives

June 2010, Week 5

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2010 13:30:06 -0400
How to Sign up for Trips:

Blitz "OPO" to sign up for a trip that costs money, and blitz the leader to sign
up for a free trip

Also:

If you're interested in becoming a DOC Member, please see Julie Bell in Robo.
You'll get discounted trips and lots of other perks.

<3 CnT

TUESDAY TUESDAY TUESDAY  (TONIGHT!)

What: Woodsmen's Team Bonfire/Hangout
Cook things over a fire and talk about summer forestry
Where: Oak Hill (Ride leaving from behind Robo)
When: 5:15PM-When you want
Blitz: Max Bogren with questions about the meaning of life
Bring: roastables, and friends!

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

Dinertoure at Isabel's
Come to the term's first dinertoure at Isabel's, home of the Fabulous French
Toast
and Perfect Pancakes.  We'll meet at Roback (the back of Robo)--the ride is
free,
but bring small bills.
When: 7 AM, back before 8:45 AM
Cost: the ride is free, but bring small bills for breakfast.
Blitz:  Dennis Zeveloff (DinerZ)

Feed!
When: 7 pm
Where: The Rock (directions: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml)
Blitz: Carsten Hansen to help cook
fillings: fresh-made guacamole, vegetable stir-fry, shrimp, chicken, cheese,
fresh salsa, etc. Roll them up and eat them, or get them fried. Laughter, food,
and good times gaurenteed. Dessert TBD
Cost: $3 to eat, Free if you help cook

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY

Bike and Swim!
When: Leaving thursday 6:30 pm
Cost: $3 DOC members, $5 non members, bike rentals are free
Where: meet behind Robo, we'll bike to Post Pond about 10 miles away. We'll
enjoy
picnic snacks, take a dip in the lake, then bike back.

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

Bond Cliffs
Saturday: 8AM-8PM
Come to the Bond Cliffs! This is a long day of somewhat strenuous hiking
with incredible views.  We'll have lunch and snacks. The trail goes along an
old railroad track for the first half, then starts upward.  The views above
treeline are spectacular.
Cost: $7 DOC; $9 non-DOC
Blitz Molly Grear with questions or OPO to signup

Hike Smarts and Swim!
Cost: $5 DOC member/$7 non
When: 8:30, back by mid-afternoon
Blitz: Emma Smithayer (emmas) or Eric Ross (eazy) with questions, OPO to sign up
views, then go swimming near Hinman Cabin!

***Farmers' Marketoure***
This Saturday marks the WORLD PREMIER of Farmers' Marketoure,
a summer complement to Dinertoure that will allow for the exploration
of the Upper Valley through farmers, food, and fun.  We will be crossing
the treacherous Connecticut River (via bridge) on our way to the
Norwich Farmers' Market in Norwich, VT.  It will have live entertainment
and over 50 vendors that sell goods varying from cheese to veggies to meat to
jams to yum!  It will be a great way to get outside and explore some local
flavor!

Leave: 10:30 AM
Back: Between 1-1:30PM
Cost: As much as you want to spend
Transportation: We will either walk or bike (it's about 2mi from Hanover)
To sign-up: Blitz 'etta'
?Questions? Blitz 'etta'
Check out the website here: http://www.norwichfarmersmarket.org/

If you cannot attend this week, don't fret!  We will be running these toures
on various days of the week throughout the summer.  Get pumped!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Lodge Dinner
Get a ride up to the Lodge for a fabulous dinner and good times. Space is
limited so blitz When: 5 pm - late (negotiable)
Meet: behind Robo
Cost: $8 for dinner (can pay with cash or dash at the lodge)
Blitz Ben Hughey with questions or to signup

MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY

Freedom Hike to Mount Washington
When: July 5th, 2010.  Leave Early Monday, Get Back before Late Night Collis
closes!
Cost: $5 doc members, $7 nonners
highest mountain in the state.  Come with Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Condi Rice,
and Tim Geithner to pledge allegiance to life and liberty, and do some hardcore
hiking.

THE FUTURE  THE FUTURE  THE FUTURE

InterDOC trip to Maine
A cooperative effort between the DMC, Ledyard, CnT and other clubs to experience
a something new on an extended trip with lots of options. Tentitively scheduled
for the weekend of August 7th at Baxter State Park.

Washington Portage
This is a traditional summer trip that involves carrying a canoe to the top of
New Englands tallest mountain to paddle in Lake of the Clouds. More details to
come.

Lodge Prom
Ask your summer love to the DOC Formal on August 23rd, at the famed Moosilauke
Ravine Lodge.