FMPRO-L Archives

June 2010, Week 4

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2010 14:47:21 -0400
However, if your biggest complaint about using sequential numbers for your primary key is that it's a pain to update the next serial value, then using a different primary key only solves that problem if you don't need another number (invoice number, etc.) to be sequential.

It's really not that hard to create a routine that updates your next serial value for all tables in the database.

Paul

--
Paul Spafford
Spafford Data Solutions