LLTI Archives

June 2010, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2010 21:54:10 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Tina Oestreich <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 11:50:33 -0400
>Subject: yet another request for information...this time requiring about "home
based" international collaboratives going on at your school
>From: Tina Oestreich <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

Dear all,

Thank you so much to everyone who responded regarding mandatory
language lab hours. Your input was very beneficial to me.

I have another question now. I am serving on a committee that is
investigating ways to increase the "home based" international
connections and collaborations that undergraduates students
participate in (in other words, face to face in your town/city or
virtual as opposed to study abroad).

I would very much appreciate it if you could send me a note off list
and let me know what kinds of projects/initiatives are going on at
your institutions, for example, do some of your classes do tandem
language/cultural exchanges, are you doing any international 'language
across the curriculum' projects, do you know what types of
international collaborations are going on between classes that are
done completely in English (e.g., business or science courses), etc.
Also, is there a particular model that you are following? I will be
compiling this information for my committee, and will be happy to pass
it on to you if you are interested.

Thank you so much for your time and have a wonderful weekend,

Tina

--
Tina Deveny Oestreich, Ph.D.
Language Learning Manager