LLTI Archives

June 2010, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2010 21:54:04 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Busby, Lillie" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Busby, Lillie" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>Disposition-Notification-To: "Busby, Lillie" <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 13:54:24 -0500
>Subject: RE: #9419 language lab hour
>acceptlanguage: en-US

This is an important issue, so I am posting publicly. In order to save space, I
defer to TBob whose lab students experience our same issues (no computer and
such). Dorms do not furnish computers, which leaves many of our students
dependent on the labs for access. Visit the piney woods of East Texas and you
will understand the reality of "remote" access.
Our intro language courses are 4 credit hours; 3 hours classroom/ one in the lab
(it took many years to whittle this down from 2 hours). Students register for
their preferred lab hour. Most students access their online materials in lab
(having no other means of access). Activities in lab include everything from
assigned homework to test and presentation prep.

Lillie Busby

Technology and Languages Lab Coordinator
Department of Foreign Languages
Sam Houston State University
Academic Building 4-312
936-294-3590