MACSCRPT Archives

June 2010

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
John Delacour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2010 17:08:33 +0100
At 08:37 -0400 7/6/10, Deivy Petrescu wrote:

>John,
>I believe that with 10.6 (or 10.5, I am not sure, someone might clarify that)
>
>Unicode text=text=string
>
>so x as string is as good as x as Unicode text.

Unless, like me, you can't for the moment justify as computer that
will run those things!

The wonderful thing now, of course, is that nearly every application
has a scripting dictionary full of the same old incomprehensible
garbage and no actual scriptability, with the noble exceptions of
BBEdit, Smile etc.  It is anarchy on a Microsoftian scale.

Can you get the selected text using Apple events in TextEdit or Mail
yet?  Does Preview for Snow Leopard understand Apple events?  Can you
script the iMad?!!

JD