LLTI Archives

May 2010, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 24 May 2010 14:05:10 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Ledgerwood, Mike" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Ledgerwood, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>CC: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 15:10:38 -0500
>Subject: Bob Henderson Killer arrested, etc.
>acceptlanguage: en-US

Hello to all.  I am sending this note to all IALLT members.  I'm cc'ing LLTI as
well.

I have just received news that the murderer of former IALLT President, Robert
Henderson, has been arrested in Hawaii where Bob was killed 14 years ago.  The
killer apparently confessed a "few years" ago, but the police needed more
evidence before putting the case before a grand jury.  The grand jury has now
acted and the killer is in prison.  I hope this will provide a bit of closure
for all of us who knew Bob.  He was a wonderful man and so many of us have great
stories to tell of his many kindnesses and sense of humor.  Many of IALLT's
major awards are given in his honor as well.  May he rest in peace now.

Also wanted to ask those of you planning on attending the Summer Leadership
Meeting (SLM) to go ahead and register and book your hotel rooms.

Please apply yourself or encourage post-secondary faculty you work with to apply
for the ACTFL with IALLT technology award.  Community college faculty especially
encouraged to apply.

You may have heard that "ning" is going commercial.  This will involve IALLT
closing its ning.  We'll open up a new "ning-thing" on our revamped web site.
We'll have some exciting details to announce about that at the SLM in June.
Hope to see many of you there.  If you can't be there we'll have an announcement
of UStream and Skype access to the meeting.

My best to all of you.  Virtual hugs to all as well.

Yours, Mike

Mikle D. Ledgerwood, Ph.D.
President of the International Association for Language Learning Technology

Professor of French and Linguistics
Chair of World Languages and Cultures
Samford University