FMPRO-L Archives

May 2010, Week 4

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Nicholas Geti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2010 11:20:48 -0400
I am now very confused. I just set up a test case duplicating one situation
I had done before and now it works. I had just spent several hours proving
last time that it did not work and then converting the subscript calls to
inline code.

I did see, however, the "perform script" check box defaulted to checked
whenever the perform statement calls another db. I had noticed it before and
since it is always checked by default I know I never fiddled with this
option.

By "Set up a layout....." I mean that I manually set up all conditions just
as though I had performed Script 1

I noticed that if a step requires access to a field and the field is not
there, then the Script Editor will show an error, "Field Missing" before I
even save the script. So that event is unlikely. The scripts I was writing
did not use the Error Capture statement.

One thing I do notice is that running a duplicate of the system from another
Windows folder can cause major problems. I tried making a duplicate data
base as a backup and switching between them to compare "before and after"
results. FMP gets all mixed up between DBs. It remembers that last instance
of a DB and if it happens to be from the other folder, it will open that DB
and use the scripts from there. Not a good idea. In my current situation I
was careful to not run both systems.

I did verify that the subscript was not firing by putting in a "Show
Message" statement which never displayed. I tired very hard to figure out
why since I did not want to convert all my subscript calls to inline code
which was a big pain in the neck.