UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2010, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Neal Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Neal Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2010 21:33:17 -0400
I live in Northern MA (just moved down) and Red-Bellied Woodpeckers are
common here. It doesn't surprise me that they are up in VT. Climate change
will begin to produce a lot of "unusual" sightings.

Last summer, I observed an American Dipper in a cove where a small stream is
feeding into the Comerford Res. in Waterford, VT. I couldn't believe my
eyes, but after having just moved back East from Utah (where Dippers are
common), I have no doubt in confirming what I saw. But they are not supposed
to be here according to the literature...

Neal