CABIN-TRAIL Archives

May 2010, Week 3

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2010 13:11:23 -0400
How to Sign up for Trips:

Blitz "OPO" to sign up for a trip that costs money, and blitz the leader to sign
up for a free trip

Also:

If you're interested in becoming a DOC Member, please see Julie Bell in Robo.
You'll get discounted trips and lots of other perks.

<3 CnT

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

DOC BANQUET
6:30 at the DOC HOUSE

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

Christopher's Heeler Overnight
What: Tent Camping + Trailwork
Where: Wachipauka Pond
When: Leaving 3:30pm Friday, back by 3:00pm Saturday (times negotiable)
Cost: FREE, 'cause it's trailwork
Blitz: Chris Rhoades for info or to sign up
other assorted trailwork goodies at Oak Hill, and drive up to the Wachipauka
trailhead. We'll have a short hike up to the pond, set up our tents, and enjoy a
scrumdiddlyumptious camping-stove-made dinner. After a glorious sleep by the
pond, we'll head out on some of the nearby trails and clear blowdowns. No
trailwork experience necessary. Come learn how to use an axe!

Hike Mt. Isolation/Billings overnight
When: 7pm friday
Where: meet behind Robo
Cost: $5 for trip, $8 for lodge dinner
Sign up: at DOC spring weekend signups, 6-7pm on Tuesday in front of Robo
Blitz: Wales Carter or Kevin Miller for information
What: Looking to get away from campus this weekend? You won't get much further
than on this trip. Leaving at 7 on friday evening, we will spend the night at
the cozy billings cabin, relaxing and playing games. We'll get up early on
saturday and hike to one of the nicest, most remote mountains in new hampshire,
Mt. Isolation. The hike is 14 miles, and pretty strenuous, but worth it.
Finally, we end at the lodge for spring weekend and an awesome lodge dinner.
Remember to sign up at DOC spring weekend signups.

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

DOC SPRING WEEKEND!!
SIGN UP FOR TRIPS 6-7pm on TUESDAY in front of ROBO

Mt. Cube
Saturday: 9AM - 2PM
Join us for a short, hike up Mt. Cube to take some awesome photos. We'll focus
on forest scenes and help you learn some new tricks with your camera. Get out
your point and shoot, SLR, or friend's camera and come for a photo hike this
Saturday! Snacks and a light lunch will be served.
Cost: $3 DOC; $4 non-DOC
Blitz Carsten Hansen with questions or OPO to signup

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

What: Woodsmen's Team Mini Meet
Where: Oak Hill (rides leaving from behind Robo)
When: 9am-3pm (BYOL- bring your own lunch!)
Blitz: Katie Jacobs with questions and to sign up
Events will include sawing, log roll, pulp toss, firebuild, axe throw and dot
split! Sign up as a Jack & Jill pair or as a free agent :)