LLTI Archives

May 2010, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2010 10:14:48 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Shoaf,Judith P" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Shoaf,Judith P" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information    Forum
>Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 15:37:13 -0400
>Subject: Higher Education Digital Video Summit Executive Summary
>acceptlanguage: en-US

I am copying this from another list (Videolib) because I thought it might
interest some on this list who are concerned with streaming video:

"On March 26th,  a Higher Education Digital Video Summit was held to discuss the
present and future of digital video in higher education.
For the executive summary of the Summit, including recommended next steps for
action, and a couple of pictures from the event, please click on the following
link:  http://www.west.asu.edu/icdeg/digitalsummit "

The summary is is quite "summary" but outlines some major needs of library (and
presumably language lab) users. There is a real problem, a kind of gap in the
law between the laws that allow face-to-face classroom use of materials and the
laws that authorize similar use in distance ed: neither of these sets of rules
covers hybrid courses or course management systems.

Judy Shoaf