CABIN-TRAIL Archives

May 2010, Week 1

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2010 12:18:24 -0400
How to Sign up for Trips:

Blitz "OPO" to sign up for a trip that costs money, and blitz the leader to
sign
up for a free trip

Also:

If you're interested in becoming a DOC Member, please see Julie Bell in Robo.
You'll get discounted trips and lots of other perks.

<3 CnT

PS Sorry we're late - silly midterms - but we're going to celebrate by going
outside!

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

The Feed!!!
Time: 7:00pm
Place: The Rock, 16 Sargent St
Cost: $3 / free if you help cook
Blitz: 'jerb' for info or to help cook
I'll be making rice, yummy curry, and most-excellent pie, so you should all
come!
All are welcome!
Directions to the Rock: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml

***Cinco De Mayo Overnight at Hin'hombre' Cabin***
Leave: Negotiable but before dark (can decide if we want to eat at Homeplate's
special dinner or cook at the cabin)
Back: Before 10As or 9LX
We'll be spending the evening of May 5 in the lovely Hinman Cabin.
Possible canoeing and pi$F1ata-ing.
Sombreros encouraged.
Blitz 'etta' with questions and 'OPO' with your ID to sign-up.

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY

DINERTOURE THURSDAY!
5/6/10, Leave at 7 am, back by bizarre 9 x-hours.
Blitz: Dinerlover

In honor of Confederate History Month (being over), we're shipping down south
to Dixie's Dixieland Country Kitchen in Sharon, Vermont.  We promise stars,
bars, and that the toast will rise again!  So rebel against your head's cinco
de mayo desire to rest in, and gettysburg yourself over to the back of robo
(roback).  The ride is free, and bring small bills (Union tender only).

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

Armington Overnight Overnight!
When: Friday around 3:30 pm to early Saturday (return time negotiable)
Where: Armington Cabin
Cost: $1 'cause it's a heeler overnight!
To Sign Up: Blitz "OPO"
With Questions: Blitz Rebecca Stebbins or Eric Ross
Armington Cabin in time to spend the evening canoeing. Then we'll eat a
delicious dinner followed by a dessert of DELICIOUS cinnamon rolls! We'll close
out the evening playing cards and chilling by the fire. We're hoping to get in
a sunrise canoe the next morning (beautiful!) before heading back to campus in
time for some other trips.

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

ACTIVE MINDS, ACTIVE BODIES Initiative!
Where: Mt. Cardigan with yoga on the top
When: Saturday, May 8 9am to approx. 3pm
Cost: free!
Join us on this easy, 3 mile hike up the beautiful Mt. Cardigan as part of our
**Active Minds, Active Bodies** initiative to demonstrate the positive effects
of exercise on mental health.  The trip will involve casual discussion of the
positive mental health benefits of getting outside and being active, and we'll
provide healthy hearty snacks and YOGA & MEDITATION at the top!
PLEASE RSVP to Active Minds, and to Julia Kelson

***Hike Mt. Moosilauke!***
When: Meet at 10 AM behind Robo, back by 6 PM.
Cost: $3 DOC/$5 non-members
Blitz: Will Bishop or Caitlin Johnson for more info
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Moosilauke's lesser-known trails.  This 8-mile round-trip journey will take us
to Moosilauke's glorious summit, where we'll have great views of the White
Mountains, the Upper Valley, and beyond!

What:  Lodge Love Day
Where:  Moosilauke Ravine Lodge
When:  8am - about 8 pm
Cost:  FREE!
Blitz:  Jennifer McDonald or Meagan Patrick to sign up or for more info
Moosilauke Ravine Lodge is getting ready to open up for business and they need
our help to get everything ready.  We'll help with with assorted tasks
depending on the weather (but all fun!) and we'll be rewarded with lots of love
in the form of FREE lodge lunch and dinner.  Rides will leave behind Robo and
we'll return to campus after dinner.

Moosilauke Work Party and Great Bear Hibernation.
When: Saturday 9AM until Sunday 10am
(but flexible, if those dont quite work)
What: Drive up to Moosilauke; help  the lodge crew get ready to open, enjoy
delicious free Lodge lunch and dinner, then head over to nearby Great Bear
Cabin for cozy fireside chats, tasty snacks and a hearty breakfast... and
perhaps even a short night hike dependent upon interest.
Cost: $3DOC, $5nonDOC: to pay for delicious Sunday breakfast, saturday food is
provided for free in exchange for Lodge work.
blitz dkick for more info, OPO to sign up