LLTI Archives

April 2010, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2010 09:34:19 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "stellamderum" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "stellamderum" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "stellamderum" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Press Announcement - Earth Day 2010 - SANS Inc Reaffirms Commitment to
Green
>Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:38:32 -0400

SANS Inc. Reaffirms Commitment to "Green"
Celebrating Earth Day 2010 - 40 Years

North Branford, Connecticut - April 2010 - In celebration of Earth Day 2010,
SANS Inc., the developer and exclusive licensor of Sony language learning
software solutions, is reaffirming their commitment to being "green".   From
the all digital, Sony Virtuoso and Soloist language lab technology to the
SANSSpace Virtual Language Learning Environment, SANS has been and continues
to be committed to giving language educators instructional technology
choices that provide efficiency, scalability, and longevity.

SANS' corporate culture, in large part, is that where the staff in
constantly connected virtually via e-mail, SkypeT, web meetings, and other
on-line technologies alleviating the need for unnecessary travel.  This
philosophy extends to a commitment to our customers with web-based training,
on-line learning resources, and remote support services.

The commitment continues on a day-to-day basis at SANS. All obsolete
electronic materials, packing and other paper products that cannot be reused
are brought regularly to a local recycling facility. Good condition packing
materials are reused to alleviate waste.  Each business day at SANS HQ and
at local offices ends with all PCs, fax machines, printers, copiers, and
lights turned off to conserve energy.

The first choice for dissemination of SANS product information, brochures,
and promotional materials is digital with print-on-demand as necessary.
Printed materials from SANS are provided on paper that contains FSCR
certified mixed resources with a responsibility to well managed forestry.

Reaffirming the company's commitment, Ron Remschel, SANS president states,
"SANS is taking steps to do our part to reduce waste and protect our
environment.  We are constantly looking at new ways to make our products and
our operations more efficient.  We celebrate Earth Day 2010, sharing in the
process of building a sustainable future."

About SANS Inc.: SANS Inc, Software and Network Solutions, is the developer
and exclusive worldwide licensor of Sony Language Learning Software. These
titles include the widely used technology solutions of the Sony VirtuosoT
and SoloistR digital language lab software suite. This technology is the
instructional choice of numerous, discerning language programs in the U.S.
and around the world. SANS is committed to providing software solutions
that, first and foremost, address teaching and learning modalities and work
within the IT framework of the school or government agency that is using the
technology. With design and development in the United States, the product
development team responds quickly to the customers' needs and requests. In
addition, the sales and marketing team strives to provide a level of
customer support that is unparalleled in the industry. More at
www.sansinc.com
.
Virtuoso and Soloist are trademarks of Sony Electronics Inc.  Sony Virtuoso
and Soloist software incorporate SANS and Sony technology. Skype is a
trademark of Skype Limited.  FSC is a trademark of the Forest Stewardship
Council.
# # #