CABIN-TRAIL Archives

April 2010, Week 4

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2010 20:37:05 -0400
How to Sign up for Trips:

Blitz "OPO" to sign up for a trip that costs money, and blitz the leader to sign
up for a free trip

Also:

If you're interested in becoming a DOC Member, please see Julie Bell in Robo.
You'll get discounted trips and lots of other perks.

<3 CnT

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

What:  DinerToure!
Where:  Dishin' It Out, in Canaan, NH
When:  6:50am behind Robo, back by 8:45 for your 9L
Cost:  Free ride, bring small bills for food!
Blitz:  Dinerlover
decor!  See their Facebook page for details:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dishin-It-Out/252712165591?v=info

Kevin's Awesome Feed!
Time: 6:30pm
Place: The Rock, 16 Sargent St
Cost: $3 / free if you help cook
Blitz: mevin to help cook
thinking of making some awesome chicken cordon bleu with orzo and steamed
spinach.  There will be awesome oreo milkshakes for dessert, and all are
welcome!  Awesome!
Directions to the Rock: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

(and Saturday!)
Ski Tuckerman Ravine on Mt. Washington!
When: Leave Friday at 7pm (after dinner), back Saturday evening
Cost: 9$ for DOC memberes, 11$ for non-DOC members
Blitz: Katie Jacobs
the 3 mile hike to the bottom of Tuckerman Ravine. From the base of the ravine
we'll be able to decide which run(s) to take as well as watch the action on the
slopes. After an afternoon of skiing, we'll hike back down and head home. Some
important notes about this trip: being on Mt. Washington and skiing are entirely
dependent upon weather and snow conditions; we may need to adjust our plans to
stay safe. The skiing is on EXPERT BACKCOUNTRY terrain with many environmental
and human obstacles. You should have your own pair of alpine skis that you feel
very comfortable on and a helmet. Snowboarding is also an option. If you have
any questions about terrain/level of difficulty/equipment/anything, blitz Katie
Jacobs!

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

Hike Camel's Hump and Ben and Jerry's!!!
When: Saturday leaving at 9 and returning at 6:30-7
$4 for DOC members, $7 non + ice cream money
Blitz OPO to sign up, Carsten with questions
Call it Camel's Rump, Bump, Catamountain, or Tah-wak-be-dee-ee-so wadso; we'll
be hiking up Camel's Hump, Vermont's third highest point. With a big rock on top
(the hump), Camel's Hump offers unparalleled views of Vermont. The forecasted
sun should make for great views. Afterwards, we'll stop at Ben and Jerry's
factory in Waterburry, VT, where a variety of relatively good ice cream is
available. The hike is a moderately strenuous 6.6 miles of incline. Be mentally
prepared for snow; we'll bring snowshoes. The trip cost includes lunch and
snacks. You'll have to bring ice cream money.

Mini Work Weekend at the Lodge!
When: Leave Saturday at 9, return bout 5
Cost: Free 'cause you gotta work
Blitz: Molly Grear with questions or to sign up
the lodge ready to open.  We'll have lunch and snacks, but no lodge dinner.

Dennis' Heeler Overnight
Blitz: Dennis Zeveloff
Leave at 5 PM, return at 4 PM the next day
Celebrate Mayday by dancing around the Maypole and then going to John Rand Cabin
with Dennis and friends. Included: Dinner, Moosilauke Hiking, a place to sleep,
and people that will care about you until you're old and gray.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Build a Trail!
Time: Leave Sunday 9:30am, back mid-afternoon
Cost: Free!
Blitz: mevin to sign up
that needs to be relocated.  Last weekend, we went out and scouted a site and
did some preliminary work, this weekend, we'll be going back to finish the job.
We'll clear brush, create a treadway, paint blazes, and generally get the new
trail ready for action.  Absolutely no experience required.