CABIN-TRAIL Archives

April 2010, Week 3

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:16:50 -0400
How to Sign up for Trips:

Blitz "OPO" to sign up for a trip that costs money, and blitz the leader to sign
up for a free trip

Also:

If you're interested in becoming a DOC Member, please see Julie Bell in Robo.
You'll get discounted trips and lots of other perks.

<3 CnT

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY
What: Canoeing Practice with Alex Toth
Where: At Ledyard Clubhouse down by the River
When: 2PM-4PM
Wear non-cotton clothing, rainpants, rainjacket, and shoes you don't mind
getting wet
blitz: Alex Toth and Alix PL with questions

What: Practice led by Max Bogren
Where: Oak Hill (Rides leaving from behind Robo)
When: 3:10PM-6PM
Blitz: Max Bogren with questions about the meaning of life

What: The VERY Last Women's Team Practice
Where:  Oak Hill (Rides leaving from behind Robo)
When: 4PM-6:30 PM
blitz: Alix Perez Lawrence with questions

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY
DinerToure!
Where: Daddypop's Tumble Inn in Claremont, NH
When: leaving 7:30am from the back of Robo, back by 10As
Cost: free ride, bring small bills for your food
Blitz: Caitlin Johnson or Dennis Zeveloff
and a baller name -- who could ask for more from their diner experience?

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY
Hike Balch Hill with the PROSPIES!!!
When: Meet in front of Robo at 3pm, back by 5ish
Cost: FREE!
Blitz: Caitlin Johnson
specifically, CnT -- is AWESOME!  We'll walk up East Wheelock St. to a short
*easy* trail on top, which leads to the summit of grassy Balch Hill and its
beautiful views of the Upper Valley.  We can sing, play Frisbee, teach the '14s
about Wah, climb the big tree, and show the prospies how much we love them!

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY
Hike Smarts!
When: Saturday 9am-4pm
Cost: $3 for DOC/$5 for non-DOC
Blitz: Becca Stebbins or Molly Grear for info, "OPO" to sign up
Difficulty: easy
trails,
climb the firetower to get some great views, and eat a delicious feast on the
summit. It might be snowy on top, so be prepared for that. Then we'll hike back
down and get back to campus around 4!

Hike Mt. Osceola!
When: Saturday, 9am-7pm
Cost:  $4 for DOC members, $6 for non-DOC members.
Blitz: Rosemary Shay or Julia Kelson for more info, OPO to sign up
Difficulty: Moderate
White Mountains, about 2 hours from campus. It's a rocky trail and a 4340-ft
summit with guaranteed beautiful views. We'll leave at 9, hike, eat an awesome
lunch, be back by 7. Snow shoes and crampons will be provided.

Like FOOD?  Like EATING?
Then the MT. HUNGER TRIFECTA is for you!
**************
Saturday, April 24, 2010
8:30 AM meet behind Robo, back at 5 PM
Moderate hike followed by HARDCORE eating:
*Three delicious local food outlets in Waterbury, VT:
**Ben & Jerry's factory
**Cold Hollow Cider
**Cabot Cheese
Come taste free samples after the hike and have a great time!
$3 DOC, $5 non-DOC, plus $3 cash for Ben & Jerry's tour
Blitz OPO to sign up, Will Bishop or Caitlin Johnson for info

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
Hinman Bike & Paddle
When: 8am - 3pm
Cost: $3 DOC, $5 non-DOC
Blitz: Billy Zou, OPO to sign up w/ your DID#.
morning and go canoeing in the lake (swimming also encouraged). The cabin is
reserved and comes equipped with a gas stove, with which we can make lunch and
picnic on the grass. We'll play around some more and bike back to campus before
3.
If you don't have your own bike (or would like to borrow a road bike), DOR has
some that can be rented out free of charge for CnT trips, so let us know.