MACSCRPT Archives

April 2010

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bill Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 2010 16:58:04 -0400
I'm using a G5 running Panther for an application
that doesn't play well with Tiger or anything
later.

Couple of Applescripts on the machine that use the Satimage OSAX.

All of a sudden, the scripts sort of "uncompliled" those calls.  E.g.,

set foo to change "Bill into "Bob in bar"
turned into

The script still works, and I can copy that code
somewhere else and fill in different variables
and that works, but if I type in the usual
commands I get compile errors.  Also, the
Satimage dictionary wouldn't open--> "The
application is not scriptable."

I  put a fresh copy of Satimage in the
ScriptingAddditions folder and now the dictionary
opens, but the commands still won't compile.
Restarted a few times, of course.

What's going on here?
--

Bill Steele