LLTI Archives

March 2010, Week 5

From:
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2010 06:43:50 -0400
Good Morning,

We have trials of both on our campus right now.  So far, everyone is finding
Powerspeak to be the "better" solution.  It incorporates more multi-media,
activities and interaction.  Mango offers more languages (benefit!) and has
interesting cultural pieces built in, but is not keeping the students tuned in.
We have Rosetta Stone in our lab, too , and these programs don't exactly match
the quality of Rosetta Stone, but for a web-based application (and for the
price!), Powerspeak is on top at the moment.  Feel free to contact them... they
will give you free trials campus wide for a few months... well worth it.

Hope this helps,

Kellie B. Campbell
Manager, Language Learning Resource Center
Instructional Technology Services
Department of Information Technology
Saint Michael's College
802.654.2878