CABIN-TRAIL Archives

March 2010, Week 5

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2010 13:14:44 -0400
How to Sign up for Trips:

Blitz "OPO" to sign up for a trip that costs money, and blitz the leader to sign
up for a free trip

~CnT

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

This term we'll be starting off with an old classic: Stella's in Hartland, home
of the Fantastic French Toast (It was used as the breakfast in the movie
Breakfast
at Tiffany's).  Join us in front of Robo at 6:56 and we will be back before your
9's!  The ride is free, bring small bills for your meal.
Blitz: Dmz or Dauson

FEED!
What: Planning Feed! Come eat delicious, homemade southwest chowder and help
plan
future big trips like the Grant.
When: 6:30pm
Where: at the rock http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml
Cost: $3, free if you help cook (blitz skuz)

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY

Sunrike!!!
When: 5:45am, back by 8am-ish
Where: Gile Mt.
Cost: $3 for breakfast goodies!
Blitz: OPO with your DASH # to sign up, laura11 or jenergy with questions
We'll have yummy breakfast food on the firetower as we watch the sun come up.
Back in time to nap before your 10As!

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

Lafayette Hike
What: It'll be a beautiful day to scramble up Lafayette and traverse Franconia
ridge to Lincoln Mt, two great (over 5,000 feet) peaks in the Whites! And it
will be white up there! Expect slushy snow for a lot of the hike; we will use
snowshoes when needed (you do not need to own snowshoes, we will all rent them
from DOR for free). From the summit, we should get to see a gorgeous view of
Franconia ridge and white mountains. Breakfast, lunch, chocolate chip pumpkin
muffins, and light dinner will be provided.
Difficulty: Hard- The route is about 9 miles long and elevation gain will be
3,900 feet. This will be a tough hike, but will be worth it!
When: Leaving at 6 am from behind Robo. Back by 8pm ish.
Cost: DOC 8$, non-doc $11
Blitz: 'OPO' to sign up with your name and DASH #
Blitz: 'jenergy' and/or 'stretch' with questions

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Sunshine-Filled Easter Moosilauke Hike
When: Sunday leaving from Robo at 9 getting back at 6
Cost: $3 for DOC members / $5 for non-DOC
Blitz: OPO to sign up, bullet12 or ERD with questions
>4,000 footers! This hike offers spectacular views of the surrounding area with
it's flat, open summit. It's a moderate hike of about 9 miles. We'll bring lunch
and snacks and we'll have a TRAIL EASTER EGG HUNT!!! Come enjoy the 76o sunshine
and views!

***Easter Sunset Gile Mountain Hike***
Leave: 5PM
Back: 8PM
Cost: $2
We'll be venturing up Gile Mountain to catch the sunset at 7:12 on Easter
Sunday.
To celebrate we'll be having an Easter Egg hunt when we get to the top.
It'll be a great way to get outside and enjoy the gorgeous weather and views
from atop the fire tower!
Blitz 'etta' or 'stephc' with questions
Blitz 'OPO' to sign up