LLTI Archives

March 2010, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2010 20:12:50 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "stellamderum" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "stellamderum" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>, "'LLTI-Editor'" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Press Announcement - SANS Inc Announces Version 10.0 of Sony Virtuoso
Digital Language Lab Software
>Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 11:58:13 -0400

SANS Inc. Announces Version 10.0 of Sony Virtuoso Digital Language Lab
Software
  Providing Efficiencies for File Management and Lesson Development

North Branford, Connecticut $F6 March 2010 - SANS Inc., the developer and
exclusive licensor of Sony language learning software solutions, has just
released Version 10.0 of the Sony Virtuoso Language Learning Instructional
Software suite which includes the Virtuoso Instructor Interface Software and
the Soloist(R) Student Digital PC Comparative Recorder software.  The latest
update to this widely used language learning technology provides language
instructors and students with enhanced functionality for uninterrupted audio
communication and the ability to seamlessly incorporate a wide variety of
audio and video content into their language lab activities.

According to Ron Remschel, SANS President, $E3We continue to improve an
already robust and feature- rich software suite keeping in mind the
capability for language educators to provide their students with a multitude
of relevant content from the vast resources that are readily available
universally.$E4

Technical enhancements include adding more processing efficiency to audio
and video files used within the system by means of a new SANS developed
utility -  SANSMedia$FA; increased support for a variety of file formats
including Adobe(R) Flash(R) video, Apple(R) .aiff files, and Unicode based text
files; and new built-in visual prompts for a precise, real-time, view of
student audio recordings.

A new addition to the instructor authoring tools in the Soloist software is
an $E3Audio Extractor$E4 tool enabling an audio stream to be $E3extracted$E4
from an
existing video file and saved as a separate file.  This tool provides more
possibilities for language teachers to use audio and video content
creatively to develop unique pedagogically sound lessons based on specific
skill development goals.

About SANS Inc.: SANS Inc, Software and Network Solutions, is the developer
and exclusive worldwide licensor of Sony Language Learning Software. These
titles include the widely used technology solutions of the Sony Virtuoso$FA
and Soloist(R) digital language lab software suite. This technology is the
instructional choice of numerous, discerning language programs in the U.S.
and around the world. SANS is committed to providing software solutions
that, first and foremost, address teaching and learning modalities and work
within the IT framework of the school or government agency that is using the
technology. With design and development in the United States, the product
development team responds quickly to the customers$E2 needs and requests. In
addition, the sales and marketing team strives to provide a level of
customer support that is unparalleled in the industry. More at
www.sansinc.com
.

Virtuoso and Soloist are trademarks of Sony Electronics Inc.  Sony Virtuoso
and Soloist software incorporate SANS and Sony technology.  SANSMedia is a
trademark of SANS Inc.  Adobe and Flash are trademarks of Adobe Systems Inc.
Apple is a trademark of Apple Inc.
# # #

Stella M. Derum
National Marketing Manager, SANS Inc.
"Exclusive Licensor of Sony Language Learning Systems"
718-335-1698
$F0 Learn more about the most successful fully digital language lab technology
in the United States at: www.sansinc.com
$F0 Language Learning 24/7 using SANSSpace VLE: www.sansinc.com/sansspace.html
$F0 EuroTalk Networked Courseware in 100+ Languages
www.sansinc.com/eurotalk.html

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential
and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
reproduction, dissemination or distribution of this communication is
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from
your computer. Thank you. SANS Inc.