LLTI Archives

March 2010, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2010 20:31:45 -0400
Hi Hiroyo,
If you pull a video into Apple's iMovie, you can inset a 'cut' at each point
where the audio would start or stop; then extract the audio from between
those new cuts where you don't want sound and delete those audio tracks. A
student could then record and insert a new audio track as appropriate, and
export to QuickTime for the instructor to review. As others have suggested
you could record in Audacity or other external audio recorder, but iMovie's
built in recorder will work fine too.
Jack Burston worked with this a few years ago and did a few presentations on
it; he also scrambled the clips in the video and asked students to
reorganize the video clips. Here's the link to the session that I attended:
http://wlc.csumb.edu/digitalstream/2004/Abstracts/burston_abstract.htm  The
proceedings from that conference have not been released in digital form yet,
but paper versions are available. I'm sure there are other models out there,
but I don't have references. Anyone else?
Gus
__________________________________
"The identity of the university will be framed by substantive commitment to
multilingual, multicultural, gender-equitable learning...[and] will invest
in preparation for the future through integrated and experimental use of
technologies as resources to people, catalysts for learning, and providers
of increased access and enriched quality learning."
CSUMB Vision Statement http://csumb.edu/site/x11547.xml
_____
Gus Leonard, Language Laboratory Coordinator
School of World Languages & Cultures *  Building 48, Room119 * California
State University, Monterey Bay * Email: [log in to unmask] * (831) 582-4446
* http://wlc.csumb.edu
Past-President, SouthWest Association for Language Learning Technology *
http://swallt.org