LLTI Archives

February 2010, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 2010 12:02:28 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from "Sangeetha Gopalakrishnan" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Sangeetha Gopalakrishnan" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"
>Subject: RE: #9348.1 (!) Dish Network issues
>Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 12:29:55 -0500

Amen to "their billing and accounting is a mess". And they don't understand
how the billing machinery at universities work either. After battling with
Dish for years, we recently worked out an arrangement with our university IT
system. The university IT system was providing cable TV via Dish Network to
the residence halls, and many other departments on campus. And they offered
to interface with Dish and provide our center with the international
channels we want.
We opted for that.

So our center doesn't have the HEADACHE of dealing with Dish directly
anymore.
Someone called Dish the cable TV mafia and there is a lot of truth to that.

Sangeetha Gopalakrishnan

Director
Foreign Language Technology Center

Wayne State University