LLTI Archives

February 2010, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 2010 12:02:37 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from Jeff Magoto <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Jeff Magoto <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Update to ANVILL--TCast
>Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:51:40 -0800
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

Dear LLTIers,

We've just added some new A/V capabilities to our digital lab tool, ANVILL, a
feature we call TCast (think teacher_broadcasting).

TCast allows instructors to place multiple audio or video files in ANVILL
(content types include: lessons, discussion forums, blogs, and simple course
announcements. We think it's distinctive for how easy it makes the authoring and
storing process of desktop audio/video (no offline compressing, uploading).

As with our other speech tools in ANVILL, TCast is a Flash Interactive Media
Server app that was designed for us by Jim Duber of duber dot com and programmed
in Drupal by our staff here at the Yamada Language Center. I think we've come up
with something that may be of interest to instructors and web developers who are
looking for ways of taking the mystery (and the misery) out of low end desktop
media production.

Documentation is still scarce (but hopefully it can be); we'd appreciate the
help of folks on this list in testing it out. If you're interested, contact me
offline or just sign up for an account at: http://anvill.uoregon.edu. Thanks.

Jeff Magoto
Yamada Language Center
University of Oregon