LLTI Archives

February 2010, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:35:41 -0500
(1) from "like2travel" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "like2travel" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"

Dear Leslie,

I teach advanced Spanish and am the Moodle Administrator for our K-12
district. We LOVE Moodle. It is so flexible and offers many advantages for
the world language teacher. Some great upgrades are coming with 2.0, too.

Contact me directly if you want more detailed information.

Dana Rensi

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(2) from  [log in to unmask]

Our state government thought they scored a coup, when they got a
state-wide contract for WebCT.  Now, most of us are wishing that we
weren't locked in.  For what we pay for WebCT's spotty and sometimes
archaic features, bugs, and rigid interface, we could expand support
and hire a team of custom programmers to adapt Moodle to campus needs.

That's not going to happen for us soon, but I advocate for Moodle
whenever I can in campus IT planning meetings.

Derek

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(3) from  [log in to unmask]

How is the cost being passed onto the customer if it is an error in their
system?

Jason Vance
Language Learning Center Supervisor
Thomas Nelson Community College
(757) 825 - 2819 (Hampton Campus)
(757) 258 - 6582 (Historic-Triangle Campus)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(4) from   [log in to unmask]

Leslie - Holy Cross started making the transition to Moodle 3 years ago and
while we did lose some functionality at first, we've made other gains that have
more than offset any negatives.  Moodle also have a very active user community
which is constantly updating and improving the tool.

Please feel free to contact me off-line if you would like more information.
Mary M-L

Mary Morrisard-Larkin
Director, Educational Technology
Coordinator of Language Placement Testing
College of the Holy Cross
One College St., Box 118A
Worcester, MA 01610

Office:  O'Kane 458