LLTI Archives

February 2010, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 2010 11:24:39 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from National Foreign Language Resource Center

>Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 16:10:53 -1000 (HST)
>From: National Foreign Language Resource Center <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Announcing New Issue of Language Learning & Technology Journal (Vol.
14 Num. 1)
>To: [log in to unmask]

We are happy to announce that Volume 14 Number 1 of Language Learning &
Technology is now available at http://llt.msu.edu. The contents are listed
below.

Please visit the LLT Web site and be sure to enter your free subscription if
you have not already done so. Also, we welcome your contributions for future
issues. See our guidelines for submission at http://llt.msu.edu/contrib.html.

Sincerely,

Dorothy Chun and Irene Thompson, Editors
Language Learning & Technology

----- Feature Articles -----

Corpus-Assisted Creative Writing: Introducing Intermediate Italian Learners to
a Corpus as a Reference Resource

Claire Kennedy and Tiziana Miceli

Using Synchronous Online Peer Response Groups in EFL Writing: Revision-Related
Discourse

Mei-Ya Liang

The Effects of Captioning Videos Used for Foreign Language Listening Activities

Paula Winke, Susan Gass, and Tetyana Sydorenko

----- Columns -----

Invited Commentary

New Tools for Teaching Writing
by Mark Warschauer

Emerging Technologies

New Developments in Web Browsing and Authoring
by Robert Godwin-Jones

----- Reviews -----

Edited by Sigrun Biesenbach-Lucas

Second Language Teaching and Learning in the Net Generation
Raquel Oxford and Jeffrey Oxford (Eds.)

Reviewed by Ulugbek Nurmukhamedov

The Theory and Practice of Online Learning
Terry Anderson (Ed.)

Reviewed by Mandy Reinig

----- Call for Papers -----

Theme: Learner Autonomy and New Learning Environments

Hayo Reinders and Cynthia White (Guest Editors)