LLTI Archives

February 2010, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 2010 11:24:34 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from "Olaf Bohlke" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 10:19:11 -0600
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information    Forum"
>From: "Olaf Bohlke" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #9332 Copyright and Art Work

Hi Tracy,

I sent my students the following information.  The Creative Commons
licensing scheme is probably one of the better solutions for students
to use images in their projects and stay out of copyright nightmares:

1. Creative Commons photos, http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

2. What is CC? http://creativecommons.org/about/what-is-cc

3. CC directory,
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Content_Directories  "The following
is a list of organizations and projects powered with Creative Commons
licenses..."

4. Flickr, read "Additional information" on bottom of page, for
example 'Bremen' (non-commercial, attribution),
http://www.flickr.com/photos/19939966@N00/2056583185/

5. http://www.compfight.com/ Switch CC on for your search: "Creative
Commons: Only  +  Seek Original: On  +  Safe Search: On"

I hope this is a good starting point.  I am curious myself to learn
about other sources where folks share their images freely for free
and academic use.

Olaf
Creighton U.