LLTI Archives

February 2010, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 2010 11:17:04 -0500
from [log in to unmask]

We use Pearson's MySpanishLab with Atando Cabos and we don't like it.  We
plan to switch to QUIA in the fall.  MySpanishLab is tricky, fickle, poorly
designed and only works on Explorer and Safari.  I have had problems with it
working on Safari, but not all the time.   It does not work on Firefox.  I
told our Pearson Tech Rep several times and he has gotten similar request
from others but he told me that the powers that be insist on Explorer only.
I could go on and on about the complaints both from my students and myself
as an instructor but I'm short on time.  Personally, I think it was designed
to please the programmers and not the end user.  One of my big complaints
about MySpanishLab is that it is extremely tedious and slow to correct and
you can't correct question by question.  You have to correct student by
student.  QUIA is much more user friendly and intuitive.  The best thing
about QUIA is that it is easy to correct.  By the way, you can turn the
answers off on QUIA by going into Books after you assign and clicking on the
Feedback tab.  That way students can't cut and paste answers.
Good luck.