LLTI Archives

February 2010, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 2010 04:15:49 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from Bruno Browning <[log in to unmask]> ---

LLTI-Editor wrote:
> --- Forwarded Message from "Cobb-Zygadlo, Deanne" <[log in to unmask]> ---
>

> When I searched the LLTI listserv to learn whether anyone was using
> this system with foreign languages, I noticed just one discussion from
> 2004 warning that at that time it was not Unicode compliant.  I am
> wondering if anyone has any recent experience with this system to say
> whether or not this has been rectified or if there is any other
> feedback, concerns or jubilations on this product.

Our campus uses D2L as the centrally-supported CMS. I have not tested
its  Unicode compliance for several years (we instituted Moodle locally
to support language programs that needed Unicode, so I've had little
incentive to do so). But I gave a training session to our Hebrew
instructors last semester on another topic, and asked them if they had
been able to "do" Hebrew on our local D2L instance. They indicated that
they could not. I  don't know if their issues were with character sets,
right-to-left, or both.
bb