LLTI Archives

December 2009, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 2009 13:47:03 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from Francoise Sorgen-Goldschmidt  <[log in to unmask]>
---

>Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:14:30 -0800
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>From: Francoise Sorgen-Goldschmidt  <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #9306 Independent beginning Spanish learning

Hi Derek,

My husband and I both loved Pimsleur for Spanish (we also went
through a few lessons of Italian before spending a couple of weeks in
Florence) We have recommended the method to lots of people.  As a
matter of fact, everyone I know who has used Pimsleur for any
language, loves it; and my experience includes someone who learned
Hebrew.  For Spanish, you can get the CDs from the public library.
Another advantage of course, is the possibility of "doing" Pimsleur
while you walk, job, drive etc. since it's an audio method with no
computer needed.  Few bells or whistles, but frankly, it works.  (No,
we don't own any stocks in the company ;-); we've just been very
enthusiastic about Pimsleur for quite a while!)

Buena suerte!

Francoise