LLTI Archives

December 2009, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 2009 13:32:26 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from Tina Oestreich <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 12:03:25 -0500
>Subject: Re: #9306 Independent beginning Spanish learning
>From: Tina Oestreich <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

Hi Derek,

We have the Pimsleur audio language learning programs in our lab.
(http://www.pimsleurapproach.com/) They have proved to be very popular
with our self-learners, especially those wishing to gain quick
conversational skills. I believe that a lot of public libraries carry
these as well, so he should check with your local library system to
see if they have it.

Tina

2009/12/15 LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>:
> --- Forwarded Message from Derek Roff <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>>Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 06:28:03 -0700
>>From: Derek Roff <[log in to unmask]>
>>To: LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: Independent beginning Spanish learning
>
> I've just gotten one of the perennial requests:  A mid-fifties
> professor tells me that he will be working in Costa Rica beginning in
> the middle of next semester.  What can he do to begin learning
> Spanish on his own, in the three months before he leaves?
>
> We don't have a lot of resources to offer the independent learner.  I
> am wondering what you would recommend to a busy, but theoretically
> motivated professor.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Derek
>
> Derek Roff
> Language Learning Center
> Ortega Hall 129, MSC03-2100
> University of New Mexico
> Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
> 505/277-7368, fax 505/277-3885
> Internet: [log in to unmask]

> Otmar Foelsche, LLTI-Editor ([log in to unmask])

Tina Deveny Oestreich, Ph.D.
Language Learning Manager
The Freedman Center in Kelvin Smith Library
Case Western Reserve University
11055 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106
(216) 368-5283