LLTI Archives

December 2009, Week 2

From:
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:27:10 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from "Victoria K. Williams" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Victoria K. Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Call for Papers: UCCLLT Conference in San Diego, April 23-25, 2010
>Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 11:31:12 -0800

CALL FOR PAPERS
The 5th  UC Language Consortium Conference on SLA Theoretical and
Pedagogical Perspectives
For the First Time in Partnership with the East Coast Language
Consortium

University of California, San Diego
April 23-25, 2010

APRIL 23RD
KEYNOTE SPEAKER
MARK TURNER
Institute Professor and
Professor of Cognitive Science
Case Western Reserve University

APRIL 24th
OPEN SESSIONS

APRIL 25TH
HALF-DAY WORKSHOP
LYLE F. BACHMAN
Professor of Applied Linguistics
and TESL, University of California, Los Angeles

We invite submissions for presentations from scholars in all
disciplines who are involved in all types of research on second
language learning and teaching. In order to focus on issues of concern
to scholars and teachers in California, but also to include as broad a
range of interests as possible, we particularly encourage proposals in
the following thematic areas:

Literature and Culture in Language Study
Language Learning for the Heritage Student
Computer-Assisted Language Learning (CALL) and Second-Language-
Acquisition Theory
Innovative Classroom Applications of Second-Language-Acquisition Theory

*DEADLINE: All submissions must be received by January 11, 2010
*
Submit abstracts online at:
http://uccllt.ucdavis.edu/events/fifth_conf/call_2010.html

All papers must represent original, unpublished work. Presentations
may be up to 20 minutes long, plus 10 minutes for questions. All
submissions will be evaluated anonymously. Confirmation of receipt of
submissions will be sent by e-mail. If your paper is accepted, your
submitted abstract will be used for the conference handbook. Notice of
acceptance or rejection will be sent to the primary author by late
January via e-mail.

Pre-registration materials will be available in January, and a
preliminary schedule will be available in February, 2010.

FUNDING
Note to faculty, lecturers, and graduate students: There will be
limited funding provided by the UC Language Consortium for travel and
lodging expenses for both participants and attendees.

Further information will be available on the website in early January.

Sponsored by the UC Consortium for Language Learning and Teaching.

The UC Consortium for Language Learning and Teaching is a system-wide
initiative designed to make the most effective use of UC's vast
linguistic resources and expertise. The consortium fosters
collaboration among and across the language programs at the UC
campuses with an eye to increasing student access to language study
through a combination of the best classroom practices, technological
enhancements and study and work-abroad programs.