MACSCRPT Archives

December 2009

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chris Harbinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 2009 14:17:52 +0000
Hi, Folks,

After about a five-year gap, I've been forced back  into scripting.
I'm enjoying it and am just beginning to add Javascript to my armoury.

However it is good ole Applescript, or rather my forgetfulness, that
is giving me problems.

I keep on setting out to do things that I think I know and then
discovering I've lost 'em.

At the moment I am working on twin scripts. The first one does a bit
of information gathering, storing its harvest in a variable called
myWonderfulList,  performs some helpful tasks before setting the user
free to do his or her thing for a while.

When the user is ready, script two is activated ... and it really
needs to be able to make use of the information in myWonderfulList.

It's getting myWonderfulList from script 1 to script 2 without too
much clumsiness that's puzzling me at the moment.

A doddle to all of you, I'm sure.

Hope you've been keeping well since last I wrote.

Chris