LLTI Archives

November 2009, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:15:40 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 14:17:00 -0600 (CST)
>Subject: Re: #9280 comic strips
>From: [log in to unmask]
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"

We use a program called ComicLife and the kids just love it.  The learning
curve is also quite low as it is very easy to navigate.  There are
templates to lay out the format and you can import pictures or drawings
from other programs.  I have often used it to have students retell or
summarize the main information from a story we have read or one they have
written themselves.  It has been a big hit and really helps them to focus
in on the most important information in the text.

Marianne Zemil
Instructor of German and French
University of Chicago Laboratory Schools