LLTI Archives

November 2009, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 2009 14:25:13 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from Lauren Rosen <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 14:14:13 -0600
>From: Lauren Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #9278 ipod activities
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

Iris,

I think that you might be going at it a bit backwards. Rather than
using the tech because you have it, think about what you want to do
and then think about the best technology to do it. Other questions
that come to mind include: do you have wireless in your classroom? did
you ask your students how many of them have mobile devices? There are
many things you can do with mobile devices including but not limited
to, recording voice/video/photos, polling, texting, etc. So, I think
you might be better off looking at learning goals first and then if
there is a need/opportunity where mobile devices will assist in
learning, apply them. There are many iTouch specific apps but there
are also just general internet apps that will work with any connected
mobile device so you may find some flexibility in asking your students
what they have with them in class.

Lauren

Lauren Rosen, Director
Collaborative Language Program