LLTI Archives

November 2009, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 2009 14:42:10 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from "Lauersdorf, Mark R" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Lauersdorf, Mark R" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 12:37:35 -0500
>Subject: LangTech at the KFLC 2010 **extended submission deadline**
>acceptlanguage: en-US

Hello all,

If the deadline this past Sunday caught you off guard, I am pleased to report
that the abstract submission deadline for KFLC 2010 has been extended to:

**Sunday, 15 November 2009**

So there is still time for you and your colleagues to submit your contributions
to LangTech at the KFLC!

The original call for papers is once again appended below for your reference.

Thanks to all who have already submitted, I look forward to having more of you
join their ranks.

Regards,

Mark

P.S. For those who may not be familiar with the KFLC:
The KFLC is an international academic conference that brings together
researchers in language, literature, culture, and linguistics in the fields of
Arabic, French, German, Hispanic, Italian, Luso-Afro-Brazilian, and Russian
Studies, as well as Language Technology and Second Language Acquisition.  It
takes place in April each year on the campus of the University of Kentucky in
Lexington Kentucky, and is marking its 63rd year in 2010.

----- CALL FOR PAPERS - LANGTECH AT THE KFLC 2010 -----

**LangTech at the KFLC is Five Years Old !**

We are seeking high quality papers to help celebrate the fifth year of Language
Technology as an official division of the Kentucky Foreign Language Conference.
In our continuing efforts to create a premier discussion forum at the
intersection between technology and literary, cultural, and linguistic teaching
and research, we welcome submissions on any aspect of:

*Technology for Language, Literature, Culture, and Linguistics*

This includes, but is certainly not limited to:
- integrating technology into literature, culture, and linguistics classrooms
- technology as a tool for student projects and research in literature, culture,
and linguistics
- faculty research in literature, culture, and linguistics employing technology
tools ("digital humanities")

Abstracts are, of course, also welcome in all other areas and aspects of
technology and language, such as:
- using tech tools and techniques for language instruction in all skills and at
all levels
- guiding language educators toward optimal use of technology in their teaching
and research
- employing technology-based research and publication in language scholarship
- managing language technology in an academic setting

The KFLC is an international academic conference that brings together
researchers in language, literature, culture, and linguistics in the fields of
Arabic, French, German, Hispanic, Italian, Luso-Afro-Brazilian, and Russian
Studies, as well as Second Language Acquisition. We would like to see this broad
range represented in the Language Technology sessions, to encourage
cross-pollination of ideas among the individual languages and disciplines
working to integrate technology into their teaching and research programs, and
to encourage participants from the various literature, culture, and linguistics
sessions to join us in our discussions.

Abstracts should be no more than 250-300 words in length and should be submitted
directly online at: http://www.kflcabstracts.uky.edu/

In view of the multi-language audience that we hope to attract to all Language
Technology sessions, the recommended language of presentation is English.

*NEW Deadline for submission of abstracts and panel proposals is 15 November
2009.*

All proposed abstracts will be considered for inclusion in the KFLC program.
Acceptance of a paper implies a commitment on the part of the participant(s) to
register and attend the conference. All presenters must pay the appropriate
registration fee by 15 February 2010 to be included in the program. The
conference will take place 15-17 April 2010 on the campus of the University of
Kentucky in Lexington.

For more information on conference logistics, please visit:
http://web.as.uky.edu/kflc/.

For specific information on the Language Technology sessions, contact the
division director at the coordinates listed below.

Join us for beautiful springtime in Kentucky to help us mark this five-year
milestone of "LangTech at the KFLC"!

Mark Lauersdorf

-----------------------------------
Dr. Mark Richard Lauersdorf
KFLC - Language Technology division director

Associate Professor of Languages and Linguistics
Director of Language Technology
Interim Director, Collaboratory for
     Research in Computing for Humanities

1055 Patterson Office Tower