MACSCRPT Archives

November 2009

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Mark J. Reed" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 2009 20:16:26 -0500
If you're using do shell script, you can pipe the script through tr
before piping it to awk or cut or whatever.

do shell script "tr '\r' '\n' <" & quoted form of posix path of myFile

(and leave off the quoted form of posix path of myfile at the end of
the awk command).  That will do the conversion one line at a time,
without having to read the whole file into memory at once.

--
Mark J. Reed <[log in to unmask]>