MACSCRPT Archives

November 2009

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Jon Pugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:56:54 -0800
At 1:25 PM -0500 11/17/09, Paul Skinner wrote:
>	Do you personally use SD's library or any other library loading function regularly?

I use SD's all the time.  It's simple to load a script and they don't clutter up the new script.  You can export a flattened script if you want.  I don't put run handlers in libraries.  That doesn't make any sense to me.

If I'm going to debug a library script, open it up and debug it, or paste it into your main script.  Libraries are supposed to be debugged already, otherwise they're not yet ready to be libraries.

Here's my most used library script:

http://www.seanet.com/~jonpugh/software/SmartString.applescript

View it as MacRoman to get the proper ‚ characters.

Jon