LLTI Archives

October 2009, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 2009 09:50:18 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Jose Rodriguez <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Jose Rodriguez <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Language and Technology iTunes U podcast
>Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 15:58:14 -0400

Hello Fellow LLTI'ers,

I wanted to share a podcast that we developed for iTunes U that
focuses on Language and Technology and may be of interest to others.
At the moment we are focusing on PDFs of tip sheets that we have found
useful for language faculty and students. These address questions we
get all the time and we've found it beneficial to make tip sheets for
these. Now we're making these available to the community as well via
iTunes U. We hope to expand to audio and video eventually.

The direct link is:
http://deimos3.apple.com/WebObjects/Core.woa/Browse/emory-public.2595939314.0259
5939325

Or navigate in iTunes to iTunes U -> Emory University -> Academics &
Research -> Language and Technology

A list of the PDF tip sheets currently available:

- Typing Accented Letters in Mac and Windows
- Word 2008 spell-check in Mac OS X
- Word 2007 spell-check in Windows
- Devanagari in Mac OS X
- Typing Transliterated Text in Mac OS X
- iTunes U: Ideas for Creating Original Content for Study of Language
and Culture
- Creating and Enhanced Podcast Episode with GarageBand 08
- Creating and Enhanced Podcast Episode with Keynote 09

All the best,
Jose

-------------------------
Jose C. Rodriguez
Director of Technology for the Emory College Language Center
University Technology Services
Emory University
office: 404.727.9351
cell: 404.414.3674